Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Thursday, October 3, 2013

Baby Ballerina

Grace has been asking about taking ballet for several months, so I finally talked Daddy into some lessons for her. She's taking classes at a place close to us called "Fairytale Ballet". It offers a very sweet, simple introduction to dance through the use of fairytales. Each week they start with some typical stretching and ballet and then they sit while the teacher reads them a story. After the story she helps each of them put on a costume so they can act out a character from the story. Each little girl gets exactly the same darling costume. They then do several activities/dances related to the story. This isn't the kind of place I will have her dance forever, but it's just perfect for now so that she can engage her very active imagination.
 First day. Me peering in the little door they use.
 The first day there were only three little girls. Now there are usually around 6-7 each week. Their teacher, Miss Cecily, is wonderful.

 The first day they were Little Red Riding Hood. (Darn the flowered curtains!)

 She absolutely loves it. Each week she asks what I think they will be that week. Plus, she is definitely learning too, but in such a sweet way. I ask her at home to show me a plié, or a passé, or an arabesque, and she can in her little three-year-old way.
This week they were Olivia in the circus. They flew on a trapeze and danced with streamers. Unfortunately I have no pictures of Jasmine week. That was probably my favorite so far because the costumes were so elaborate and darling. They danced with the genie and even flew on a magic carpet.
 A few little videos of our tiny ballerina...
 
 

Rapunzel week...this costume was so gigantic on Grace that it was hilarious!

2 comments:

  1. I mean... This boy mom is only just a *tiny* but jealous at the adorable ness....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't handle the cuteness of these. I love that she is so girly. And that Rapunzel wig is awesome.

    ReplyDelete