It is truly adorable and at least we got lucky that we love the movies too. But, the obsession is now at a whole other level because the intense marketing for Toy Story 3 has started. I'm starting to keep track of all the products and commercials I have now seen. You can find (and Luke has found) Toy Story characters on Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Kellogg's cereals, Sara Lee bread, and Huggies Pull-Ups. There are Toy Story commercials for Target, Visa, the United States Post Office, and AFLAC (seriously?). So, as the mother of an obsessed toddler, it's enough to just about drive me crazy. It is everywhere and just further fuels the obsession. Oh, and Toy Story 3 doesn't even hit theaters for another month! But you can bet we'll be there when it does!
P.S. There is a side note to this about my relationship to Toy Story 3. Matt suggested that we get Luke familiar with TS3 so that he won't be expecting the first two movies. I bought a book a couple of weeks ago that tells the whole story of the new movie. Here's the problem...I cry every time I read it. The plot is basically that Andy, the little boy from the first two movies, is all grown up and going away to college and has to decide what to do with his toys. I promise to not spoil it here, but it has a very sweet ending that kills me every time. Luke now looks at me as we get towards the end of the book and says, "You're not going to cry, Mommy." The first time I read it I was sobbing and he kept wiping my face and saying "It's Ok." and "Those are big tears, Mommy." I'd like to think my pregnancy hormones have something to do with my emotions related to this, but I think it's more likely that I can't imagine my very own "Andy" growing up someday.
Our boys are NEVER going to grow up and leave us to go to college. Not ever.
ReplyDelete