Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Potty Training Time

It is officially Day 5 of potty training at our house. We've waited a long time because we'd heard with boys it goes more smoothly when they are a little older and really ready. We knew for sure he was ready when in Colorado he would potty in his diaper for me on command so that I could change him before we left to go somewhere. Um yeah, ready. So, we decided to start, pretty much cold turkey, on Sunday. Luke had lots of success with Number 1 from the beginning and had his first success with Number 2 on Wednesday. (I am pretty sure he held it in all day on Tuesday!) He is dry in the night, as he has been for many, many months in diapers, so we are hopeful that it continues. He has been wearing only big boy underwear, except for his time at school when I put him in a pull-up just in case. He has been very proud of himself, just as we are so proud of him!

I've spent lots of time sitting on the tile floor in the bathroom waiting with him and we've spent more time this week talking about "potty" and "poopy" that I ever thought I might in my life, but we're excited about this step our big boy is taking. Oh, and just so you know, this was what he said when he looked at his first Number 2 in the potty...."It looks like a carrot!" Funny, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment