Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Potty Training Update

Our big boy has been doing so well with potty training. Daddy made a deal with him before we started all of this that once he went poopy in the potty two times he would get Buzz Lightyear wings that we'd seen at someone's house earlier this summer. Luke got them by that very first weekend and he loves them. He had a couple of accidents early that second week, but since then we are having great success. He isn't even wearing pull-ups when he goes to his school.
The funniest adventures we've had so far have been when our private little guy wants to take care of business by himself. That first happened two Saturday mornings ago as Matt was golfing and Luke and I were getting ready to head to a birthday party. Luke had been playing in his room while I got dressed, but all of a sudden I hear him yelling from downstairs "Mommy, I went poopy and potty by myself!" I ran downstairs saying, "It's OK, just show me where you went." Then I notice that he is naked from the waist down and he keeps telling me "It's in the potty." Well, darn it if he wasn't telling the truth. He had somehow climbed up on the toilet by himself and taken care of business. He has now done this many times since and just drags his little stool over to make it easier to get up on the toilet. We just have to help wipe. :-)
We are so proud of our big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment