Here's the chalkboard in our laundry room as of today. We are officially playing the waiting game!
I had a doctor's appointment today and my OB basically told me that she doesn't think anything will be happening anytime soon. (She did say that things can always change...) So, we did schedule an induction and if she doesn't come before then, we will be meeting this baby on her actual due date - Sept. 16. The good news - we'll meet her very soon, my OB says that I handle pregnancy so well that my babies don't want to leave, I still feel just fine, and there is an end in sight. The bad news - I am not a very good waiter. I do keep reminding myself though of one of my OB's favorite quotes, "They are easier on the inside than on the outside." Truer words have never been spoken. :-)
In the meantime, I thought I would post the question I am most sick of hearing and where we stand on it. "Does she have a name?" is the question I hear a few times a day. Yes, she does, but we aren't sharing it yet. Only Matt and I know and we are careful to not say it around Luke or the entire world would know in a matter of minutes. (For the record, he told me yesterday that he prefers "Banana Watermelon" or "French Fry Ketchup" for her name.)
There is a bit of a story behind how we decided on her name, so I can share that. We had a couple of names in the running and just hadn't landed on exactly which one yet. We were in Colorado on the 4th of July and Matt and I had a few minutes to ourselves while waiting for the fireworks. Now Matt is an incredible husband with many wonderful qualities, but he is not known as the biggest romantic out there. That night though he did something that I found very romantic. We went out onto the balcony of the front of the Broadmoor and there he told me that we had decided on Luke's name on the 4th of July three years prior, therefore it was only fitting that we decide on this baby's name that night as well. So, it was settled. And on (or possibly before) Sept. 16 we'll be ready to share her name with all of you!
I love that story! So special! So excited for all of you and of course--- I think I have asked you a thousand times--I am excited to learn her name :)
ReplyDelete