The last home KU football game was this past weekend. This season has been such a major disappointment that I could write many blog posts about it, but instead I'll write about the one bright thing from this season. We have created quite a football fan in our little boy. Luke loves going to the games, but he also loves all the tradition and hoopla surrounding it all.
I love that he looks at his KU books and talks about Potter Lake and the Campanile and knows exactly where they are. I love that he can't wait to walk up the Hill when we get to our parking spot. It's so cute to watch him get so excited for the band to walk down to the stadium. If only he'd had the chance to wave the wheat a bit more frequently this season, we would've been happier fans. But, I'll settle this year for watching my boy grow to love the Jayhawks!
Oh, and about these pictures above...there is a place called the HawkZone near our parking lot. It has inflatables that hadn't interested Luke much until this game. He announced when we got there last week that he wanted to go on the big slide. So, he did. He was a bit too little to climb the inflatable stairs by himself, so Matt had to go with him. The first time went great. The second time, Daddy struggled a bit on the wet stairs (meant for very little feet) and kinda fell on Luke. I'll be honest, from where I watched, it was hysterical. (Not because Matt fell on Luke, but because of the look of sheer panic/anger/embarrassment Matt shot at me and my parents.) In the end though, Luke loved the big slide. I'm pretty sure Matt hopes that next year Luke will be big enough to go it alone.

No comments:
Post a Comment