Disclaimer: I'm never sure quite who reads this blog, so this might be TMI for some of you. But, I use this blog as sort of a journal/scrapbook for our family and this is a big event. This simple bottle has saved me. You see, Grace hasn't been taking a bottle...at all. She would accept one for about the first month of her life and then she just stopped. She would rather go hungry than drink from a bottle. If I had a meeting at night or we went on a date, she would just skip the feeding and go to bed hungry. Sometimes she'd still sleep all night even with missing that last feeding. Nursing Grace has been wonderful and easy, but there have certainly been times when we've been out and about and I would have liked to be able to give her a bottle instead. And, (get ready for some major selfishness coming...La Leche would kill me) for Christmas Santa brought a big gift of a trip to DisneyWorld for me, Matt, and Luke. Our trip is next month so this not taking a bottle thing was starting to become a major stress in my life. I need to wean her before our trip since she's not going with us. Matt and I hit the internet for lots of tips on getting a baby to take a bottle. Nothing was working with little G. About two weeks ago I started reading the comments below some of those articles and that's where I struck gold. So many moms were recommending the Playtex Nurser bottle. It has this old-school brown latex nipple and uses drop-in bags. I bought one at Target and Matt tried it that Saturday night when I went to dinner with girlfriends. To our shock, Gracie took it like she'd been doing it all along. We're about a week and a half in to this now and she's a pro at this point. So, thank you Playtex Nursers and internet-comment-posting-moms! I don't know what I would be doing without this bottle!
Welcome!
We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Thank Goodness
for this.
Disclaimer: I'm never sure quite who reads this blog, so this might be TMI for some of you. But, I use this blog as sort of a journal/scrapbook for our family and this is a big event. This simple bottle has saved me. You see, Grace hasn't been taking a bottle...at all. She would accept one for about the first month of her life and then she just stopped. She would rather go hungry than drink from a bottle. If I had a meeting at night or we went on a date, she would just skip the feeding and go to bed hungry. Sometimes she'd still sleep all night even with missing that last feeding. Nursing Grace has been wonderful and easy, but there have certainly been times when we've been out and about and I would have liked to be able to give her a bottle instead. And, (get ready for some major selfishness coming...La Leche would kill me) for Christmas Santa brought a big gift of a trip to DisneyWorld for me, Matt, and Luke. Our trip is next month so this not taking a bottle thing was starting to become a major stress in my life. I need to wean her before our trip since she's not going with us. Matt and I hit the internet for lots of tips on getting a baby to take a bottle. Nothing was working with little G. About two weeks ago I started reading the comments below some of those articles and that's where I struck gold. So many moms were recommending the Playtex Nurser bottle. It has this old-school brown latex nipple and uses drop-in bags. I bought one at Target and Matt tried it that Saturday night when I went to dinner with girlfriends. To our shock, Gracie took it like she'd been doing it all along. We're about a week and a half in to this now and she's a pro at this point. So, thank you Playtex Nursers and internet-comment-posting-moms! I don't know what I would be doing without this bottle!
Disclaimer: I'm never sure quite who reads this blog, so this might be TMI for some of you. But, I use this blog as sort of a journal/scrapbook for our family and this is a big event. This simple bottle has saved me. You see, Grace hasn't been taking a bottle...at all. She would accept one for about the first month of her life and then she just stopped. She would rather go hungry than drink from a bottle. If I had a meeting at night or we went on a date, she would just skip the feeding and go to bed hungry. Sometimes she'd still sleep all night even with missing that last feeding. Nursing Grace has been wonderful and easy, but there have certainly been times when we've been out and about and I would have liked to be able to give her a bottle instead. And, (get ready for some major selfishness coming...La Leche would kill me) for Christmas Santa brought a big gift of a trip to DisneyWorld for me, Matt, and Luke. Our trip is next month so this not taking a bottle thing was starting to become a major stress in my life. I need to wean her before our trip since she's not going with us. Matt and I hit the internet for lots of tips on getting a baby to take a bottle. Nothing was working with little G. About two weeks ago I started reading the comments below some of those articles and that's where I struck gold. So many moms were recommending the Playtex Nurser bottle. It has this old-school brown latex nipple and uses drop-in bags. I bought one at Target and Matt tried it that Saturday night when I went to dinner with girlfriends. To our shock, Gracie took it like she'd been doing it all along. We're about a week and a half in to this now and she's a pro at this point. So, thank you Playtex Nursers and internet-comment-posting-moms! I don't know what I would be doing without this bottle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment