Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Out of the Mouth of a Three-Year-Old

Luke seems to be full of good stories and quotes lately so I thought I would share a few. There is something funny every day with him, but these are a few of our recent favorites. The best one happened in Colorado. On Sunday morning we were giving the kids a bath before brunch and noticed that Luke had a boo boo on his lower lip (you can see it in the picture below.) We asked him what happened and he told us he had bonked it while playing earlier.

When we got the kids out of the bath and were drying them off, Luke all of a sudden started crying and said, "I need to tell you the truth." We looked at each other and said, "The truth about what?" Crying harder he replied, "The truth about my lip." We said ok, tell us what happened and he said, "I shaved it!" We immediately started trying to comfort him and trying not to laugh at the same time. He had taken Matt's razor that is normally out of reach and tried to shave. After a cold washcloth, a bit of ice, and a little lecture, he was just fine but probably won't be shaving again anytime soon.

This one happened last week with a new babysitter. Apparently he got frustrated with her that she couldn't figure out our TV. She told us that when she put him to bed he told her, "I thought we were going to be good friends, but then you couldn't figure out 'The Avengers', so now I'm not sure it's going to work out." She said he appeared to be quite serious about it.


When I put him to bed just the other night we were changing into his jammies and he started runnning circles around his rug singing, "I'm naked! C'mon, say it with me!" over and over again. I was rolling on the floor laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment