Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wedding Weekend Part Three - The Big Event

My stomach was churning before the wedding and I can assure you it wasn't because of the poem I was reading in the ceremony. I was a nervous mother. Would my little ring "bear" perform his duties? Of course I had no reason to be nervous. He walked down the aisle all by himself, went mostly to the right place (with a little help from the groom), sat with us during the ceremony, and then walked back down the aisle. He was awesome! We were so proud! Proud Kaki and Buckle

He was a sweet boy at the whole wedding yesterday. I told him I was so proud of him and loved him to pieces and he gave me nose kisses. Melt my heart.

I love this one. His Chuck Taylors are the best.

Katie and Alex gave out great sunglasses with their initials. Luke looks like such a cool dude in them.

Luke with one of the bridesmaids, Ginny, a great family friend who also babysits for us

Captured this of the ring bear watching the first dance

Getting the party started with Emily, the Maid of Honor

Dancing with the bride

Now he's moving on to Anna, one of the flower girls. She was also an older woman...a third grader. She was great with Luke and they stole the show dancing together. Watch the videos in another post.

Having a blast!

He did the robot a lot. Here he is doing it with the bride. Lots of people asked me where he learned the robot moves and his break dancing. Definitely from his Daddy. His confidence however, we're not sure about. Matt and I are both sure of ourselves, but we don't think we would have been at age 3. Luke was truly unfazed by all of the strangers watching him and the wedding photographer snapping away. He just danced the night away and acted like he owned the place. I know I've already said I was proud, but I had a few of those moments yesterday where I felt like my heart was going to burst with love for him. Pretty sure I shed a few tears watching him too.

Dancing with the bride and groom

Hugging on Emmy

My darling Dad and sister cutting a rug

We snapped this one when we took Luke to say goodbye to Katie. He wasn't ready to leave, but it was getting very late (9:45 or so) and we knew he had to be exhausted. GrandBob was so nice to drive down to pick him up from the reception so that we could stay. Many thanks to Gigi and Grandbob for keeping Grace and Luke for us so that we could enjoy the fun evening!

Don't we look happy here?! This was after Luke left and we were able to completely relax and dance some too!



Having fun with some of the props for the photo guestbook

Mother/daughters, sisters, cousins! LOVE!

We had such an incredible weekend celebrating the newly married Katie and Alex Rose! Thanks Katie and Alex for having Luke as your ring bear. He had a ball and it's something none of us will ever forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment