Our fun didn't stop after Christmas as we continued celebrating with family and playing with all of our new fun toys! The day after Christmas we went to Lawrence to spend time with lots of my mom's family. Peggy and Carl hosted us for a fun afternoon and evening with my cousins and aunts and uncles. Grace got a Cinderella costume and wanted to put on parts of it right away.
Luke loved seeing Katie, Alex, and their dog Lily, back from NYC for the week.
*Side story - There was only one rough part to the evening and it was one I won't soon forget. We had our first ever big fall with Luke, which is amazing considering how he jumps around and off of everything. He even calls himself a "daredevil" for goodness sake. Well, he was playing with Lily while standing on the couch, lost his balance and fell backwards. He hit his head on the corner of a table. We weren't in the room, so Alex yelled to us to come in and Luke's head was bleeding like crazy. I was very freaked out, but apparently head wounds bleed badly. Luke was crying and very upset, but we held him and soaked up blood as best we could. Eventually the bleeding stopped and Matt was able to get enough of a look at the wound to decide it was really very small and we wouldn't need to go anywhere. I knew Luke was fine when we were in the bathroom only 15 minutes or so after it happened...I was cleaning his head and he said coyly, "I think I'd be better if I could go outside and play for a little bit." Truly he was sliding down their basement stairs head first about an hour later. (And getting reprimanded for it!) It was all very scary, but luckily turned out fine. Peggy and Carl, I hope your rug and sofa have recovered - we are so sorry! Grace kept asking on the drive home, "What happened to me?", I guess because Luke had been such the center of attention.
I noticed later that in this picture of the kids with my cousin's son, you can see Luke's blood matted hair. Lovely.
Here are some pictures of our fun with new toys - lots more Lego work!
Drawing on the easel with the new table and chairs too
Playing smoothie shop
Here is Grace in her full Cinderella gear, including glass slippers that light up! Seriously adorable. Luke said he was her armed guard and needed a serious face because he was protecting the princess. :) What a good big brother!
No comments:
Post a Comment