Matt was out of town for several days, including a weekend, so we planned a fun Saturday adventure with my sister. We visited Powell Gardens, which is located about 40 minutes outside of Kansas City. It is a gorgeous, huge botanical garden and also is hosting a special exhibit of Lego sculptures this summer. Luke loved it and kept saying to us, "It's so much better than I expected! I thought it would just be plants." This hummingbird Lego sculpture might have been my favorite.
They both liked this lawnmower because it was the only one you could touch. Grace kept saying, "I'm Daddy!"
Everything was so beautiful. Luke loved these pots like the one on the lower left in this picture. They were pots with water plants in them. He investigated further and found that almost all of them were full of tons of tadpoles too.
These giant Lego lilypads in among the real lilypads were so cool.
Aunt Becca with the kids in probably our favorite area - the water gardens with the living rock wall.
Luke cooling off in the giant fountain. I read on the website to bring suits and I'm glad I did because he was all in! Grace was certainly more timid, but enjoyed getting her toes wet and splashing around some too.
The farm to table area was another favorite!
More amazing, gigantic Lego sculptures.
We visited the "pirate ship" before finally having our picnic lunch. They were showing us their pirate faces and then Captain Luke was hard at work. We had a wonderful visit and will definitely return to Powell Gardens again!
No comments:
Post a Comment