They were super huggy and lovey with each other at dinner that night. Love this little shot of them.
The next day, Father's Day, we visited Tanganyika Wildlife Park with the whole crew. Luke absolutely loves it because everything is very hands-on. Grace would much rather view animals from a distance, or even not at all.
The kangaroos are my favorite there because you can get in with them and even pet them. Many of the kangaroos had pretty big joeys in their pouches (all three do in this pic) and that is so cool to see up close.
Aunt Becca was trying to use her Aussie-ness to get Grace to pet the kangaroo, but she wasn't having it.
She wanted to feed the tortoises, which meant I had to hold the lettuce while she held my arm. Starting somewhere, I guess. Shortly after this pic I stopped taking pics because of an incident. Luke was headed over to feed the llamas and two of them started getting in a fight. As Luke approached, one of them spit and it went all over Luke - right in his face and on his shirt. It was as if I watched it in slow motion because I could see it starting to happen but couldn't warn him quickly enough. He was totally grossed/freaked out, but we washed him down in the bathroom and he was able to get over it. We all certainly laugh about it now and Grace still talks about the spitting llama.
He had a little sprinkler time that afternoon - more washing off that llama nastiness.
That evening Matt joined us from his golf trip and we all enjoyed a delicious Father's day dinner. Gracie is very timid around water, but finally got in and really played in the sprinkler with Luke after dinner.
My mom told me that story about the llama - poor Luke! I love that pic with Kaki and the cookies. She looks so happy to have Luke and Grace helping her.
ReplyDelete