Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Friday, February 28, 2014

Grandparent's Day

Luke's elementary school hosted a combined Grandparent's Day and Veteran's Day celebration. Luke was lucky enough to have three grandparents join him for the morning! First the whole school and guests assembled outside for a short program. (There are almost 600 students K-6, so it's a big group!)
Local veterans were honored, which was so nice.
Then Gigi, Kaki, and Buckle got to join Luke is his room for the morning. Apparently there were laughs when he introduced them because most of the other grandparents had more traditional grandparent names. Thanks for making Luke's day so special!
Oh, and this. All students were encouraged to decorate a star in honor of a veteran and they hung them all in the cafeteria. He asked me after school one day, "Do we know anyone who helped save the world?" and I said, "What?" He said, "At school they said we could honor people who saved the world." I realized he meant veterans and told him that both of my grandfathers were veterans. He hugged me and said he was sorry I didn't have grandparents any more. Sweetest boy. I cried. I then came home from a meeting that week and Luke had decorated this with Matt's help. "Chuck" was Charles Gough, my maternal grandfather, a Navy man. Luke Charles is named after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment