Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Taylors Take on the Broadmoor

Last week we had a wonderful trip with Matt's parents and the Gibsons. We started out in Garden City to visit Matt's grandparents. We visited Barbara in the hospital and hope she gets better very soon! We had dinner with Verlyn, Tammy, and Carroll at their favorite Mexican place and then a quick breakfast with Verlyn the next morning before we hit the road to Colorado Springs. It was great to see them and we look forward to more time together in a couple of weeks at Matt's cousin's wedding!

After much driving, we finally made it to our final destination...the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs! Wow, what a place! As you can see from the picture above, the boys made themselves comfortable. Luke is obsessed with fountains and loved seeing them all over the property. This particular one was in the lobby of our tower and he said "hi fountain" and "bye fountain" to it about a hundred times a day.

Saturday was our day for adventure and we started with a drive up to the top of Pikes Peak. The two pictures below are from a stop at a lake about halfway up. That's Pikes Peak in the background. It was a gorgeous day, but still slow-going to the top as they were clearing ice and slush from the morning. We spent maybe five mintues at the top because it was cold, crowded, and several in our party were getting very altitude sick, which was scary.


We spent our afternoon at the North Pole, a small amusement park at the base of Pikes Peak. It's Christmas themed and very old school, but great because most of the rides are for little kids. It was a perfect amusement park introduction for Luke. He absolutely loved all the rides and loved riding with his cousins or whoever else squeezed his knees into a firetruck (Grandbob!).



We spent Sunday hanging out all day at the Broadmoor. We hit the pool early and wish we could have spent days there! We all enjoyed the beautiful infinity pool and the big kids and adults had a blast on the two water slides. Luke entertained himself with books and his animals while lounging poolside as well.



After naptime that day, Matt, Luke and I spent some more time exploring the property. Luke played in every single fountain and talked to many of the doggie guests. He also loved walking down the "tunnel" (hallway) that led to our tower and stopping to play the piano in it.

Thanks to Gigi and Grandbob for such a fabulous vacation! We loved the Broadmoor and spending time with the whole family!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to stay there! And, by the way, I still remember the time my parents took us to the North Pole when I was a kid...it made quite the impression. I mean, what kid doesn't like to see Santa in the middle of summer??:) And one more thing...would you believe that I've actually hiked all the way to the top of Pike's Peak? It was way back when I was 19 and in MUCH better shape than I am now...sigh.

    Fun post!:)

    ReplyDelete