Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

FOUR!

Luke's actual birthday wasn't quite as wild as the weekend, but we made a point to make it a special day for him. Matt and I took just him to McDonald's (his choice) for lunch. Then Aunt Becca, Gigi, and Grandbob came over for dinner.
My big four year old boy!

Our big gift to Luke was a big boy bike with training wheels. He was pretty excited. Today (I am writing this on Sunday evening), Matt took him to practice in a parking lot near our house. He did really well, so later in the afternoon they decided to ride up to the park. As they approached, an ice cream truck was just leaving and apparently Luke was very disappointed to miss it. They played for a while and then matt suggested they ride up to an Arby's not too far away for a milkshake. Then they rode home. I am incredibly impressed because I think all of this probably totaled about 2 miles. Pretty great for your first bike ride!





I was surprisingly emotional as Luke's birthday ended. We gave him a new Darth Vader nightlight for his room. When we were getting him ready for bed we popped it in and replaced his darling moon and stars nightlight that he's had since he was born, I got a little teary-eyed thinking about how big he is getting. Then the moment passed and I was fine. But, after we read books and I sang him his songs, he sat up, looked me straight in the eye and said, "Mommy, are you sad that I'm getting big?" Well, I just lost it. I mean, heaving crying. It was a combo of so many things...I am sad that he's getting big, but happy at the same time, and I just love how perceptive he is. I told him that I wasn't sad, but I just want him to always be my sweet boy. We cuddled for a long time and at one point he told me, "Mommy, you can call me big or little." I think I will. Happy 4th birthday Lukeman! We love you to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment