Welcome!

We hope this gives you a little peek into our family
life as we watch Luke and Grace learn and grow. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful

We have so much for which we are thankful. Our precious kids, our wonderful families, and great friends. We had a nice time celebrating Thanksgiving at the Gibson house. Melanie and Britton did such a nice job hosting all of us! Here was the crazy kids table - The big event after the noontime meal was the annual Turkey Bowl. It was a gorgeous afternoon for football and we headed to the park in the Gibson's neighborhood.
I am not sure how evenly matched the teams were, but the game miraculously ended in a tie. The pictures below show the fun and the athletic prowess that was on display. In particular, please notice Luke trying to slow Grandbob down by pulling off his shorts! Impressive. Matt pulled out another relic from his closet to wear for this game - his Phi Delt intramural jersey.


Gigi was helpful at keeping Grace entertained on the sideline. At one point I had both Luke and Grace on the playground, so the blue team must have struggled without their four year old leader during that time.

The rest of the story of our Thanksgiving weekend could be summed up with two words - stomach flu. Grace started it that day, I got it that night and Friday, and Matt and Bob had it Saturday. Thankfully, the rest of this crew somehow avoided it because it was violent and knocked us all out pretty hard. Our little Gracie had a very rough weekend.

Team pics! On Thanksgiving, everyone is a winner!



1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for Matt's Phi Delt jersey and I hope Luke understands its importance.

    ReplyDelete